Monday, October 24, 2011

St. Louis Weekend

A couple of weeks ago Jeff had a Friday off of school so we decided to take a little weekend trip to St. Louis. We left Friday afternoon after Jeff got some studying in, and arrived in St. Louis at about 8:00. We stayed the night at a hotel and the next morning we headed to the Temple! We definitely miss having a temple so close to our house. The St. Louis temple is pretty small but of course very beautiful!
After the temple we changed our clothes in the car in the parking lot... :) and then we wen to "The Arch." We loved walking around the visitor center and museums and learning about the history. We were too cheap to actually go up in the Arch, but I am sure we will have another opportunity to do that some day.
When we were done with the Arch we decided to just explore. We walked all around Downtown St. Louis. We saw some fountains and art at the City Garden, walked around the outside of Busch Stadium, we even found ourselves in the middle of a BBQ cook-off! We then decided to go to the St. Louis Zoo....I know what you are thinking, Holli you hate the zoo, but this zoo was free and it was actually pretty cool. By this time I was pretty grumpy and tired from walking around so Jeff bought me a frozen Cherry Coke and magically I cheered right up! He knows me all to well :). It was a short trip but we had a lot of fun and we got to be together which has become pretty rare.

St Louis temple. Horrible picture of both of us but the only one we got.

The Arch

Jefferson vs. Jefferson (Thomas Jefferson statue)

This fountain was cool because it was Orange! There is a statue in the middle that is running that I am supposed to be replicating....use your imagination



Home Run!!

Look how happy I am with my frozen Cherry Coke! I had to eat it with a spoon because apparently "straws are a hazard to the animals," who knew?

1 comment:

Heather Curtis said...

Who knew you could go up in the arch? Not me.
Maybe someday you will be able to show me around there and teach me some history.
And a free zoo? I like the sound of that a lot. I am too cheap to take Korver to the one here by myself and Chris is also not a zoo lover, so it is never a family affair.