Bear Lake- Memorial Day
Written by Jeff: We usually don't go to Bear Lake for Memorial day, and I think I know why, because it's effing cold! Especially this year with the non-existent spring. Anyhow, Brad and Mel were in town and we don't get many chances to go to the Lake with them these days so we got the whole family together and headed up for the weekend. Brad and I thought it would be a great idea to use our wet suits while we were there. I think the water temp was a balmy 52 or something like that. Long story short, we didn't swim very far. Robert just had to show us up and jumped in the water with no wet suit. At least we lasted longer than he did. Since the weather wasn't really on our side for the weekend we had a lot of free time for everyone to catch up and just talk. Oh and we had some intense football games too. It was a great weekend and I was glad everyone could be there! On the way home we dropped Grandma off in Logan. While I was playing under the big pine tree with Carter we found this unfortunate soul caught up in the branches. If you can't tell, that is an owl. Melinda and I said our goodbyes and properly disposed of it. RIP Mr Owl.





Jeff and I went to the Grand re-opening of the Liberty Park pond and it turned out to be quite a party! There was a parade, food, games, rides and free admission to the Tracy Aviary. Jeff used his hidden talent from 6th grade of walking on stilts. All the kids were very impressed and jealous. One kid asked if Jeff would teach him how to do it and he said, " you just walk on them." Apparently Jeff is better at doing than teaching.
4 Year Anniversary!
We decided to keep our anniversary low key this year since last year we went on a cruise. We started off the day going to the gym together and then we spoiled ourselves shopping (Jeff got a tie and I got a blow dryer- we are really cool...). After that we had some lunch and then stopped and played at the park with Brad, Mel, and the kids since we were so excited that they were in town! After the park we went and got a McDonald's ice cream cone (one of our favorite treats) and then headed over to my parents house because Heather and Kenny called and said that they had a surprise for us! When we got there they gave us a huge Tupperware with a ton of cupcakes in it that all had letters on the top. We had to unscramble them all to find out the message, it took some time but we finally got it! We thought it was so nice that they would think of us on our anniversary. Thanks Heather and Kenny!!!
P.s. I'm so lucky to be married to my best friend and couldn't have found a better match!
Liberty Park
We chose not to wait in the mile long lines for the rides so we went to the Aviary to check out the birds. Jeff LOVES Pelicans for some reason and so of course we had to get his picture. I didn't want to be left out so I bonded with the Toucan. Unfortunately we got caught in a downpour and got soaking wet which ended our adventure a little early, but it was still an awesome outing.
1 comment:
Ahhh...you guys are cute.
Post a Comment