Well, the job search here in Missouri is not going so well...and there isn't a lot to do here in Kirksville. My new favorite activity is mowing the lawn! Jeff thinks I'm crazy because I always get so excited when I know I get to mow the lawn the next day! I'm sure most of it is because I am so bored that it makes me feel as if I am being a little bit productive, but I also blame some of it on my OCD. I have decided that I like the way the lawn looks with it's neatly mowed lines, it makes everything look more organized :)
So one thing I am NOT loving about the Midwest is all of the spiders! There are webs everywhere! You can get rid of one and the next day there will be another huge one in its place. Jeff and I found this guy by the front of our house, it was huge! I was totally grossed out but then we started watching it and it was kind of cool. It had another bug or something that it was wrapping up in its web. It was going so fast and using its little legs to wrap it up. It was crazy how the web was just flying out of its body! I am still totally disgusted by spiders but I do have to admit that it was pretty cool to watch.
3 comments:
I have to admit...after looking over your last couple of posts about your new adventures, I am slightly jealous. I wish Tim had been accepted to medical school this year, but for some reason we still have to wait. Hopefully not for too much longer.
It looks like you guys are going to have such an awesome experience! I'm excited to see more pictures of your happening's in Missouri. :)
love yah guys.
Holli-
I just checked out your blog for the first time cause you posted it on the SAA website. I read that the job search isn't going so well for you so I wanted to let you know there is a position at the University opening shortly in my department (Research). I'm starting to spread the word about it. It's got a lot of great perks, full time. The title is "Research Coordinator." Watch for it in the ATSU job postings or classifieds if you're interested. You can give me a call and I'll tell you more about it if you like!
801-718-9893
Natalie Shurtz
Post a Comment