Monday, November 14, 2011

Dodge, duck, dip, dive, dodge!

A couple Saturdays ago the school put on a Dodge-ball Tournament. You had to put your own teams together and there had to be at least 1 girl on the team. Jeff tried his hardest to recruit me for the team but it just didn't seem that fun to have balls thrown at my head, and after witnessing it I am so glad that I didn't play. Boys will be boys and apparently no matter what the sport, their competitive edge comes out. I couldn't believe how hard some of the boys were throwing the ball! And after a while there was no mercy, not even towards the girls! The tournament was double elimination and Jeff's team didn't get a loss until the semi-final game, but they pulled out a win in the finals to win the championship! Despite the fact that none of them could move their arms the next day I think they had fun and it was a good chance for them to get some of their frustration out after endless hours of studying. Oh, and of course the name of their team was Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge which after awhile was shortened to The 5 D's.

P.S. Sorry the pictures aren't that exciting but by the time I figured out how to put my camera on sports mode the battery ran out....figures




1 comment:

Melanie Chambers said...

Love reading all the posts. Can't wait to see you guys next week. Hop of the Ticket to ride train!